in this blog post, I’ll write how to use one of the available workflows in Business Central.
First I’ll go and find Workflows.
After that, I have the option to create my new workflow from blank (which I will do in next blog post) or I can choose to create new workflow from template.
In the new window you can choose one from available templates for Workflows, I will choose Vendor approval workflow.
After that on next window Business Central will automatically create Workflow for vendor approval with the default setup.
- WHEN EVENT – specify event which will trigger response
- ON CONDITION -under which condition event will trigger response
- THEN RESPONSE – define response which is triggered by When Event.
When a user “Send approval request” -> Then response
- Vendor gets restriction – so when the user wants to use that vendor on documents it will get an error that this vendor is under workflow.
- An approval request is sent to user group code W1 (group from my previous blog post – Marin and Renato)
- Additional approval request will be sent and notification will be created
- Notification for Renato will be sent.
Now when we create a new vendor in Business Central and send approval request workflow will be activated.
Based on my setup from my previous blog post when I send this vendor V0060 for approval, approval will be sent to users RENATO and MARIN.
When RENATO approved vendor, he will change status from Open -> Approved, and approval entry for MARIN will be changed from status Created to status Open.
At that moment Marin will receive e-mail with the request for approval.
Until Marin approve this vendor it can’t be used in Business Central.